Mr Soludo, the former governor and chairman of the Central Bank of Nigeria’s board of directors, has altered many aspects of the inauguration.
Here are the most recent updates on the swearing-in ceremony:
What will happen?
As the state’s sixth democratically elected governor, Soludo was supposed to arrive in Anambra State’s capital in the same manner as Willie Obiano. He has, however, decided to abandon those plans due to security concerns.
When will the inauguration begin?
While opening remarks usually begin around 09:00 a.m. Western Africa time, Chukwuma Soludo and Onyeka Ibezim will take their oaths of office at noon in Awka, followed by Solido’s inaugural address.
Where can you watch the inauguration?
This year’s ceremony will be limited to government officials.
Those who want to watch from home can do so on networks such as NTA, Channels TV, ARISE TV, AIT, and TVC. Viewers can also watch a livestream of the inauguration on YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram.
Who will attend?
Anambra State Governor-elect, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, said the inauguration would have fewer than 50 guesses as invites.
what soludo said about the inauguration
Read what he said in the statement below:
- “The Anambra State Governor-elect, Prof Chukwuma Soludo, will officially be sworn in Thursday, as the sixth democratically-elected governor of the state.
- “Invited guests are expected to be seated by 9am prompt. Similarly, all accredited media Houses are to be at the venue before 8am.
- “After the official swearing-in, Prof Chukwuma Soludo will inspect a guard of honour and consequently makes his inaugural address to the people of Anambra State.
- “Thereafter, an inter-denominational service will hold briefly before the new Governor immediately sets out to work.”
- “Please note this event is strictly low key and devoid of the usual merry-making and unbridled celebrations usually associated with occasions of this nature.”