Sheikh Ahmad Gumi, an Islamic scholar, has encouraged President Muhammadu Buhari’s government to give terrorists what they want and deserve in order to protect abducted victims in captivity.
Gumi addressed at a special prayer service held by the Jama’iyyar Matan Arewa (JMA) in Kaduna on Thursday for the 62 passengers abducted from the Abuja-Kaduna train.
Muslim and Christian representatives attended the prayer session.
Reverend Joseph Hayab, Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Kaduna State, implored leaders to secure the safe return of the victims in his remarks.
Hajiya Rabi Musa Saulawa, the President of the JMA, said special prayers had been organized for the victims and the country in general.
Gumi maintains that the N25 billion spent on forms by political candidates should go to terrorists.
What Gumi is saying:
- “Just imagine now, people are paying up to N25 billion to buy forms instead of using the money to pay ransom for poor Nigerians who cannot pay.
- Whatever they want, give it to them, so that they release these people and when they release them then, you have the liberty.
- “You have the opportunity to deal with them the way they deserve because when they have captives, you have to tread with caution so that their captives will not be injured.”
- “Leaders are busy seeking political offices ahead of 2023 and have so far raised N25 billion, while 62 Nigerians are being held captive.
- I have not heard of any leader raising money to free any kidnapped victim or the 62 passengers”.
- “I have been in the forefront of trying to resolve these things. Initially, the issue was socio-economic; but it is taking a religious dimension due to the negligence of the government.
- “Can’t they raise money too to free these Nigerians, including the 85-year-old woman?
- Please whatever the bandits or terrorists want from the government should be given to them in the interest of Nigerians because their continued captivity is not in our interest.”
Source: Sahara Reporters