The data from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) lists the states most affected by the coronavirus, in terms of the number of registered cases and deaths as of on May 11, 2020.
The coronavirus cases in Nigeria has risen to 4,641 with the death toll at 150. According to data from NCDC, 212 countries and territories around the world are infected by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) as on May 11, 2020, and the World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared it a pandemic.
The coronavirus pandemic has reached 6 continent of the earth, except Antarctica.
The USA has the most confirmed cases in the world.
In Africa, South Africa has the most confirmed cases followed by Egypt and in sub-Saharan Africa Nigeria and Ghana top the list of most confirmed cases.
Here is a list of the most affected states in Nigeria in terms of registered cases and deaths.
- Lagos | Total cases: 1,933 | Total deaths: 33| Recovered cases: 502
- Kano | Total cases: 666 | Total deaths: 32| Recovered cases: 61
- FCT | Total cases: 302 | Total deaths: 4| Recovered cases: 53
- Katsina | Total cases: 205 | Total deaths: 10| Recovered cases: 16
- Borno | Total cases: 186 | Total deaths: 16| Recovered cases: 12
- Bauchi | Total cases: 182 | Total deaths: 1| Recovered cases: 7
- Ogun | Total cases: 126 | Total deaths: 5| Recovered cases: 39
- Jigawa | Total cases: 118 | Total deaths: 2| Recovered cases: 4
- Gombe | Total cases: 118 | Total deaths: 1| Recovered cases: 53
- Kaduna | Total cases: 111 | Total deaths: 3| Recovered cases: 17
- Sokoto | Total cases: 106 | Total deaths: 12| Recovered cases: 19
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com