Dean Justin, an American doctor who married a Nigerian belly dancer named Korra Obidi, has expressed heartbreak and betrayal.
In an Instagram statement to his followers on Tuesday, the father of two stated that likes and views should not be the focus of relationship.
- “Likes and views shouldn’t be the highlight of your relationship.
- Men: Your mental health matters!
- In order to be strong, you have to be happy,” the husband to Korra shared on his Instagram.
Justin stated that he is leaving the marriage due to his mental health and that he has been betrayed.
- “I’m walking away from this marriage for my mental health and to be the best version of myself.
- I must set a healthy example for my children.
- This has nothing do with postpartum depression.
- I’ve been betrayed once again and she is unbothered, which pretty much summarizes our marriage,” He said.
The doctor apologized to his followers.
- “My apology to the all the young men and women that believed we had a “perfect marriage”.
- Marriage is based on mutual love, respect, humility, accountability, empathy, apologies and most of all effective communication to understand the other person’s perspectives.”
Mr Dean has now stated that he will file for divorce this week, but that he will always be there for the children.
You can also read what led to Dr Dean Justin and Korra Obidi break up here.