LAGOS, Nigeria (MANDYNEWS) — A fight over the title Mummy GO drew mass social media users from Instagram to Twitter Monday within church worshippers.
Redeem Worshipers said the real Mummy GO is Mrs Foluke Adeboye, the wife of the General Overseer of Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adejare Adeboye, not Evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo, who claimed to have spent 990 years in the kingdom of darkness with the devil.
Mandy News recalls that Mummy GO became a trend on social media after old videos of Evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo were shared on a video-focused social networking service, TikTok, where she was preaching about hellfire.
Funmilayo became popular and took over the search volume of ‘Mummy GO RCCG’ on the google search engine and social media algorithm.
The main news: It all started yesterday when outrage set in and Laju Iren and Oreoluwa, two pastors at Redeemed Christian Church of God, tweeted, posted, and lambasted Funmilayo and the people trending “mummy GO” meme online.
What pastor Oreoluwa said: “There’s a reason why she was first called Mummy G.O, we won’t allow jokers to tarnish it.”
- She stands for Holiness, Sound Doctrine, compassion, care, forbearance, foresight, the anointing and stature in Christ and God We honour you ma, Iya rere!
- My Mummy G.O is Pastor Foluke Adeboye.
- She’s a collosus, anointed, and represents a deep dimension of Apostolic Motherhood and Compassion in the Body Of Christ. That is my Mummy G.O, mama rere!!!
What pastor Laju Iren said: “Woke up feeling strongly impressed to remind us that this is the actual Mummy G.O.”
- Our generation has the tendency to be mesmerized by what is new and entertaining even when it’s wrong, untrue, and misleading.
- May a true legacy not be tainted by the words of another who doesn’t speak the truth of God’s word.
- If you’re a believer, please remember that our goal is to make viral the actual message of the gospel, that Jesus died, was buried, and rose again according to the scriptures and that by faith in his name, we have eternal life.
- Let no memes, jokes, or videos with no basis in the word of God tame that.
One would ask why they fighting over who is the title Mummy Go.
Here’s what pastor Laju Iren has to say: “Some people keep asking me if it means that no one else should be called Mummy G.O.”
- That’s obviously not what I’m saying. But this is a phrase that was developed in the church given specifically to the Wife of the General Overseer of one of the largest churches in Nigeria.
- Many other churches have adopted this for their pastor’s wife and rightly so.
- But as the body of Christ, we won’t let the legacy of this great woman of God or a phrase that is supposed to invoke honour to be used for someone who is preaching a different gospel of false doctrine.
Is Evangelist Funmilayo Adebayo preaching a different gospel of false doctrine as claimed by Pastor Laju Iren?
In my honest opinion, a true Christian doesn’t have time for title or fighting over the real Mummy GO. Your reward is in heaven, not on earth according to Matthew 5:12.