This story comes from a statement by presidential spokesman, Garba Shehu.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed anger over the latest killing of 200 villagers by fleeing bandits in Zamfara State.
What he said: “The latest attacks on innocent people by bandits is an act of desperation by mass murderers,” Buhari said via Garba Shehu on Saturday, referring to the bandits as an enemy, “now under relentless pressure from our military forces who are well equipped to effectively confront these enemies of humanity.”
- “In keeping with my commitment to tackle the monster of terrorism head on, let me reassure these besieged communities and other Nigerians that this government will not abandon them to their fate because we are more than ever determined to get rid of these outlaws.
- “These criminals will be history because we are not going to relent in our current military operations to get rid of these thugs who have been terrorising innocent people.”
What he told the villagers: Buhari begged the communities for patience, saying them, “We are fiercely determined to smoke out and destroy these outlaws who have no regard for the sanctity of life.”
- “The Army and Air Force are working together to get rid of these callous criminals as they acquire more equipment to track down and eliminate criminal
- Gangs that are subjecting innocent people to the reign of terror,
- including the illegal imposition of taxes on the communities under siege.”
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com