Ekiti State government released an official Statement on reported COVID-I9 Incidence in the state;
I.This morning. the Honorable Minister of Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, announced a positive case of Coronavirus in a patient in Ekiti State.
2. The Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID- 19, headed by His Excellency Dr. John Kayodc Faycmi, can confirm that we have recorded an incidence of a Nigerian male, 38 years old, of Ekiti origin, who has tested positive to COV1D-19.
3. The confirmed case is suspected to have been infected while driving an American Caucasian. male. 27 years old, who was visiting Nigeria from Richmond, Virginia. USA in the company of his caregiver, a Nigerian female Age 31, of Ekiti origin.
4. The American male and his Nigerian female caregiver arrived Nigeria on 3rd March 2020 through the Muritala Mohammed International Airport Lagos. Preliminary investigations revealed that the pair were driven by our confirmed case to Ibadan, where they stayed for two weeks, and arrived Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State on 13th March 2020.
5. A day after their arrival, the American male fell ill and he was taken to a private hospital where he was referred to a ternary hospital. Unfortunately, he died from complications of his illness.
6.11e hospital authorities alerted the State Taskforce and samples were taken from the American male as well as his two companions. The test for the male driver came back positive; the test for the female caregiver came back negative while the test for the American male was inconclusive.
7. In line with the Nigeria Center for Disease Control fb1CDO protocols, the Ekiti State Taslcforce on COVID-I9 has already quarantined the confirmed case on admission in the State Isolation Centre, while the caregiver who tested negative, is presently under observation in self-isolation.
8. We have commenced the process of contact tracing, working with the Federal Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization (WHO) following the team, itinerary since they landed in Nigeria on the 3rd of March 2020.
9. We have also contacted the Oyo State Government since it was recorded that they stayed in Madan for two weeks before arriving at Ekiti State.
10. The confined case is very stable and not showing any symptoms while NCDC will repeat the test for the caregiver who is also in self-isolation.
11. The Ekiti State Task Force on COVID-I9 is following the NCDC Case Management Protocols with diligence. We want to urge Ekiti residents to stay calm and ensure they observe the prevention steps that are being publicized on all credible media.
12. It is important to state that this likely index case was on a short visit and had not been in EMU State for up to 72 hours before his death.
13. The Ekiti State Taskforce on COVID- 19 advises residents to continue to take self preventive measures by washing their hands with soap and water, covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing, observing social distancing and to all the authorities of any suspected case by calling the 112 Emergency Number or 09062970434, 09062970435, 09062970436.
14. The Government of Ekiti State will continue to update the public on new developments as necessary in our commitment to ensuring the safety and protection of all Ekiti residents.
Dr. (Mrs) h1ojisola Yaya-Kolade Hon. Commissioner for Health and Human Services. 18th March 2020.
Religion4 months ago
What Killed TB Joshua? Here’s Everything We Know
Celebrities2 months ago
Big Brother Naija Season 6: Meet The 22 Housemates
Celebrities4 months ago
Davido Bought 2021 Rolls-Royce Cullinan Worth ₦150 Million — Take A Look
Crime3 months ago
Ibo Peace Forum Urges Buhari To Prosecute Kanu For Murder
Travel3 months ago
Tired Of Nigeria? 15 Countries That Will Pay You To Move There
Celebrities2 months ago
Maria BBNaija Biography: Age, Full Name, Date of Birth, Career, State, Profile & Photos
Crime4 months ago
FBI Arrests APC Member, Abidemi Rufai Over N145m Fraud
Politics3 months ago
Buhari Regime Army Begs Boko Haram For Reconciliation