Obaseki’s achievements and all you need to know; Obaseki achievements in The Southern, Northern and Central of Edo state.
What has Obaseki accomplished during his governorship?
The below-listed projects by Obaseki’s administration, all in Akoko Edo Local Government Area.
OBASEKI’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN AKOKO-EDO
1. Construction of a Block of 5 Lock-Up Stalls at Igarra Market – Phase 1
2. Agba Illekpi Road, Lampese, Akoko Edo
3. Ashippa Street, Igarra (Asphalt overlay)
4. Capacity Building of 500 Primary Healthcare Workers
5. Construction of a Block 3 Classrooms at Enwan
6. Construction of a Block 3 Classrooms at Ibillo
7. Construction of Skill Acquisition Centre at Okpe – Phase 1
8. Construction of Town Hall at Ekpe
9. Constuction of Drainage at Igarra
10. Contruction of a Block of 5 Lock-Up Stalls at Ewan Market
11. Contruction of a Block of 5 Rows of 10 Open Market Stalls at Egbigeri Market
12. Construction of a Block of 5 Rows of 10 Open Market Stalls at Ewan Market
13. Construction of Culvert along Ivoke Stream Road at Enwan
14. Construction of Town Hall at Dagbala
15. Construction of Town Hall at Sasaro
16. Construction/ Provision of Culvert across Imoga Road
17. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Anyanro
18. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Anyanzo
19. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Egbigeri Market
20. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Ekpedo – Phase I
21. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Ewan
22. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Ibillo – Phase I
23. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Igarra 1
24. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Igarra 11
25. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Ogbe
26. Drilling of 150mm Diameter Borehole with 7,000 Litres Overhead Tanks and 10kva Generator at Ososo – Phase I
27. EDOJOBS empowered youths with Solar Powered kiosks to start their businesses
28. EDOJOBS engaged youth from Akoko Edo and trained in ICT, Catering and Cosmetology
29. Introduction of Measles Containing Vaccine (MCV2)
30. Marshal Owolabi Street, Ekumah Quarters, Ekumah Quarters, Ibillo
31. Momodu Ajayi Road (Cocoa Spot to Ugbogbo (Somorika junction), Igarra (Asphalt Overlay)
32. Momodu Ajayi Road (Igarra Market junction to Okpe Junction), Igarra (Asphalt Overlay)
33. Momodu Ajayi Road (Okpe Junction to Cocoa Spot), Igarra (Asphalt Overlay)
34. Ogugo Road, Ogugu
35. Old Auchi road from Ewan round about to Afekhai Junction, Igarra
36. Phillip Agbaje road besides Godom Motel Ososo Akoko Edo
37. Polio Eradication Certification
38. Provision of Meningitis Vaccine for children 15-23 months
39. Rehabilitation of Sasaro Primary Healthcare Center
40. Rehabilitation of several roads across Akoko-Edo (Asphalt Pavement/ Kerbs/ Drainage Construction)
41. Renovation / Re-Roofing Kakumo Health Centre – Phase I
42. Renovation of Town Hall at Ibillo – Phase I
43. Renovation/ Re-Roofing of Somorika Health Centre
44. Secretariat Road, Igarra
45. Technical Road, Igarra
46. Training of 7,000 Healthcare Workers on Infection and Prevention Control
47. 94 EDOJOBBERS were empowered to start Solar panel installation and maintenance businesses
48. Asphalt Overlay/Part Drainage Construction/Kerbs at Otaru Palace Road Idiba Quarters/Otaru Street (Old Palace Road)
49. Drainage Construction at Philip Agbaje Road, Beside Godom Motel Ososo And Technical Road From Momodu Ajayi Road To Auchi Express Road Igarra
50. Drainage Construction/Laterite Filling at Ugboshi- Afe Road, Off Igarra Ibillo Express Way.(Phase 1)
51. Asphalt Overlay at Old Rest House Road, Igarra, Edo State
52. Construction of a Concrete Drain and Asphalt Overlay at Pope Francis Road, Off Secretariat Road, Igarra, Edo State
53. Asphalt Overlay/Kerbs at Ugboshi- Afe Road, Off Igarra Ibillo Express Way. (Phase 2)
54. Asphalt Pavement/Kerbs at Ugboshi-Afe Road, Off Igarra – Ibillo Express Way (Phase 3)
55. Asphalt Pavement/Drainage Construction at Up Enwan Market Road, Imiezua Quarters, Enwan
56. Asphalt Overlay/Kerbs at Ikpeshi Entrance Road/Old Auchi-Igarra Road from the Roundabout Through Market Square to Freedom Junction.
57. Secondary School Road, Uneme – Osuasphalt Pavement/Drainage Construction
58. Drainage Construction/Laterite Filling at Ogugu Township Road, Off Benin – Igarra – Ibillo Express Way, Ogugu
59. Asphalt Pavement/Drainage Construction at Lawani/Domingo Street, Igarra Phase 1
60. Asphalt Pavement at Tomatoe Junction-Megalo Junction. Igarra
61. Secondary School Renovation at Patuwa
62. Electrification at Ahimohori
63. Electrification at Ekpedo Ii
64. Toilet/Drainage at Imiahuhi
65. Electrification at Ugbogbo Ii
66. Electrification at Uneme-Akiosu
67. Primary School Project at Idimogun
68. Drainage Construction at Olokoto Ii
69. Culvert Construction at Olokoto Ii
70. Electrification at Ikiran-Oke
71. Water Scheme at Imiava Ii
72. Water Scheme at Uneme-Nekhua
73. Culvert Construction at Agbomhemhe Erhurun
74. Asphalt Overlay at Technical Road, Igarra.
75. Asphalt Overlay/Kerbs at Marshall Owolabi Street, Ekumah Quarters, Ibillo
76. Asphalt Overlay at Ogugo Road, Ogugu
77. Drainage Construction/Laterite Filling at Ogugo Road, OguguAsphalt Overlay at Agba Illekpi Road, Lampese, Akoko Edo at Agba Illekpi Road, Lampese, Akoko Edo
78. Asphalt Overlay at Old Auchi road from Ewan round about to Afekhai Junction, Igarra
79. Asphalt Overlay at Phillip Agbaje road besides Godom Motel Ososo Akoko Edo
80. Asphalt Overlay at Secreterait Road, Igarra
81. Asphalt Overlay at Momodu Ajayi Road (Igarra Market junction to Okpe Junction), Igarra
82. Asphalt Overlay at Ashippa Street, Igarra
83. Asphalt Overlay at Momodu Ajayi Road (Okpe Junction to Cocoa Spot), Igarra
84. Asphalt Overlay at Momodu Ajayi Road (Cocoa Spot to Ugbogbo (Somorika junction), Igarra
85. Construction And Renovation Of A Block Of Classroom And Renovation Of 6 Classrooms At Ojirami Primary School
The following are a list of some achievements of the Governor Godwin Obaseki-Led Government
grouped under the six thematic pillars of the state:
1) Economic Revolution
2) Infrastructural Development
3) Institutional Reforms
4) Social Welfare Enhancement
5) Environmental Sustainability
6) Culture and Tourism
1. ECONOMIC REVOLUTION
• Edo Job Initiative; over 150,000 beneficiaries
• Establishment of Edo Innovation Hub, popularly referred to as “The South-South Silicon
Valley”; over 22,000 beneficiaries
• Creation of Edo Production Center to drive industrial development and create jobs
• Launch of Edo State Oil Palm Program (ESOPP); N69 billion committed by the CBN
• 10,000 hectares across 3 senatorial districts adopted for rice production
• Remodeling and re-equipping of the Government Science and Technical College (GSTC)
2. INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT
• Emotan Garden Housing; 100 out of 1,440 units completed
• Establishment of Jara Mall
• New automated model for revenue collection; implementation of the Edo Revenue
Administrative System (ERAS)
• Ugboha/Uromi and Auchi water projects
• Construction of the Edo State Secretariat complex, Block C and Block D has been
• Construction/Renovation of roads across the 3 senatorial districts of the state including;
368 road contracts awarded; 274 road projects completed including:
Construction of Lucky Way
– Irhirhi-Aruogba-Obazagbon-Ogheghe Road
– Rehabilitation of Secretariat Road, Igarra
– Textile Mill Road (ongoing)
– Ugbor-Amagba (ongoing)
– Ekaewan Road (ongoing)
– Road construction project at Obakhavbaye (ongoing).
– Rehabilitation of Uzebba-Ukpoje-Akagbor Road
– Construction of Orhodua Bridge
• Reduced cost of Certificates of Occupancy to N50,000
• Renovation of High Court Complex
• Tayo Akpata University, Abudu Campus (ongoing)
• Ossiomo Power Plant; 55 megawatt capacity (ongoing)
• Azura-Edo 461 MW open cycle gas turbine power station
• Inauguration of Benin River Port, Gelegele project
• Creation of Edo Modular Refinery (ongoing)
• Construction of Ikpoba River dam
• Establishment of Benin Enterprise Park (ongoing)
• Renovation of Oba Akenzua Cultural Center
• Construction of Judges Quarters (ongoing)
• Construction of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Iguoriakhi (ongoing)
• Laying of fiber optic for faster internet speeds with collaboration with MainOne; 450km
street by street fibre deployed in Benin City.
• Construction of modern car park.(ongoing)
3. INSTITUTIONAL REFORMS
• Wabizigan launched: launch of new security architecture and implementation of Security
Management Information System.
• Implementation of State Integrated Financial Management Information System (SIFMIS)
• Development and passage of a consolidated Public Financial Management (PFM) and
Fiscal Responsibility Act (FRA) for better financial management.
• Inauguration of Industrial Court in Edo State.
• Implementation of Treasury Single Account (TSA) policy for better control of
• New and better EDSTMA: The Edo State Traffic Control and Management Agency
(EDSTMA) has been revamped and repositioned for better service delivery to citizens.
• Contributory Pension Scheme for local government workers established.
• Eradication Community Development Associations (CDA’s) from our communities and
stopped Agberos from collecting revenues for Edo State Government.
• Creation of online website “EdoMonitorMe” Portal for transparency and monitoring of
4. SOCIAL WELFARE ENHANCEMENT
• Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EDOBEST) programme: implementation of
modern teaching techniques and technology.
• Over 11,000 teachers trained across the state
• Edo State Sports Commission Bill passed into law and Edo State Sports Commission
• Over a million textbooks distributed across the state
• Establishment of Edo State Task Force on Human Trafficking to curb irregular migration
and human trafficking
• Launch of Edo State Health Insurance Scheme to quality and affordable health care
services for citizens.
• Twenty primary healthcare centers revamped.
• New Central Hospital opened
• Renovation and facilities upgrade of Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium
• Violence against Persons Bill has been signed into law to addres
5. ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
•Commencement of reclamation of erosion damaged embankment along Upper Mission
Road by Temboga.
• Remediation measures in Auchi through the Nigeria Erosion Watershed Management
• Operation Clean up Edo Project has put in place to prevent indiscriminate dumping of
6. CULTURE AND TOURISM
• Successful hosting of the 2019 National Festival for Arts and Culture.
• Reintroduction of Culture Clubs in public schools
GOVERNOR GODWIN OBASEKI’S ACHIEVEMENTS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST
COVID – 19
SCREENING AND TESTING
• Primary Health-care centres spread across the 18 LGAs, with 62 designated screening
• Private Health-care centres across Benin City with 40 designated as screening centres
across Benin City.
• Mobile Screening centres across 6 LGAs, with 78 Screening point spread across respective
wards: 12 wards respectively in Oredo and Etsako-West LGA, 10 wards respectively in
Egor, Ikpoba-Okha, Esan West and Ovia North-East LGA.
• 64,200 persons have been screened via mobile screening centres, with 2,361 suspected
cases with samples collected. 51% Male screened and 49% Female.
• 212,000 persons screened via the fixed screening centres (Private and Primary Health-care
Total of 276,200 persons screened so far.
• Setting up and equipping of 3 isolation facilities in Stella-Obasanjo Hospital, University of
Benin Teaching Hospital, and Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase and installat of 2 new PCR machines at Stella-Obasanjo Hospital and University
of Benin Teaching Hospital.
• Purchase 18,000 Rapid Testing Kit (RTK).
• Acquisition of 4 Autoclave machines
• Establishment a Covid-19 support call centre to manage questions and quarries from
• Upgrade of Emergency Operation Center (EOC) at the Hospital Management Board
complex with support from the USAid department carried out an
• Training of 4,218 health personnel to effectively fight the COVID-19.
• Special training to be organized for Helpline call attendants. Public health experts to be
included as trainers.
• H.E Godwin Obaseki approved a hazard allowance ranging from N90,000 to N300,000 for
frontline health worker.
Religion3 months ago
Grabovoi Codes List — How To Use Grabovoi Numbers
Religion3 months ago
Grabovoi Numbers Complete List | Radionics Signatures Codes For All Manifestations
Celebrities3 months ago
Why Is Desmond Elliot Trending On Twitter? Here Are 5 Reasons.
Celebrities3 months ago
Festus Keyamo Expose Eedris Abdulkareem After He Disses Him In ‘Jagajaga Reloaded’
Politics3 months ago
No Country Will Fix Nigeria’s Security Situation, Says UK
Religion3 months ago
Strong Prayer Points For The Month Of May 2021
Crime3 months ago
Watch Baba Ijesha CCTV Video Molesting A Child
Crime3 months ago
Imo Commissioner Shot By Unknown Gunmen