Dr. Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress has won the 2018 Ekiti state gubernatorial elections.
Fayemi won a majority of the votes, but is yet to be announced officially by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
The INEC results showed that Fayemi polled 197,459 votes. His PDP rival Professor Olusola Eleka got 178,121 votes. Eleka won in his local council of Ikere-Ekiti, Emure, Efon, and Ado-Ekiti.
Fayemi won in Ilejemeje, Irepodun/Ifelodun, which is the local council of the incumbent, Ayodele Fayose, Ido-Osi, Fayemi’s own local council. The APC candidate also won in Oye, Moba, Ijero, Gboyin, Ekiti West, Ikole, Ise Orun, Ekiti East and Ekiti South West.
Results of Ekiti governorship election as declared by INEC:
1. Ilejemeje LG APC-4,156 PDP-3,937
2. Irepodun/Ifelodun LG APC-13,869 PDP-11,456
3. Ido OSI LG APC-12,342 PDP-11,145
4. Oye LG APC-14,995 PDP-11,071
5. Efon Alaye LG APC-5,028 PDP-5,192
6. Moba LG APC- 11,837 PDP- 8,520
7. Ijero LG APC-14,192 PDP-11,077
8. Gboyin APC – 11,498 PDP- 8,027
9. Emure LG APC – 7,048 PDP- 7,121
10. Ikere LG APC- 11,515 PDP- 17,183
11. Ekiti West LG APC- 12,648 PDP- 10,137
12. Ikole LG APC- 14,522 PDP- 13,961
13. Ise/Orun LG APC- 11,908 PDP- 6,297
14. Ekiti East APC- 12,778 PDP- 11,564
15. Ekiti Southwest LG APC- 11,015 PDP- 8,423
16. Ado LG APC- 28,111 PDP- 32,810
Total votes APC- 197,462 winner PDP- 177,927
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com