PDP Aspirants In The South East Unite To Choose A Consensus Candidate For Nigerian Presidential Election 2023.
According to a Facebook post by Pius ANYIM, the People Democratic Party (PDP) South East Presidential Aspirants, Sam OHUABUNWA, Pius ANYIM, Peter OBI, and Nwachukwu ANAKWENZE met, united, and resolved to work together to ensure that a South Easterner becomes the party’s flag bearer in 2023.
Take a look at what Pius Anyim posted on Facebook in the following paragraphs.
“Today, Mr. Peter Obi, Mazi Sam Ohuabunwa, Dr. Nwachukwu Anakwenze, and myself, all of us from the South East, who have declared intention to run for the office of president of Nigeria and have obtained the normination form of our great party the PDP, met in Abuja. The main purpose of our meeting was for us to resolve to work together to promote understanding, unity and collaboration among the four of us and any other person from the South East zone who may later join in the race. We had a very fruitful meeting in an atmosphere of friendliness and respect for one another.”
At the end of our meeting, we addressed the media on our resolutions as follows:
- 1) That we have agreed to work together as a Team.
- 2) That we will work together to ensure that a South Eastern emerges as PDP flag bearer;
- 3) That we intend to consult with other zones on this issue and it is based on fairness and equity;
- 4) That in doing so it is important to note that we have always supported other zones and we now expect them to reciprocate.
- We are committed to working with our party leadership and party members from across the country to ensure that the founding principles and ideals of our great party are upheld to reassure Nigerians that PDP is ready to rebuild and reunite our dear country.”
- We ask Nigerians to give us the chance to fix this country. Together we will get Nigeria to work again.”
- “A Greater Nigeria I see.”
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com