Cameroon’s Francis Ngannou has defeated Stipe Miocic to become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion.
He became the new undisputed heavyweight champion of the world with Kamaru Usman in his corner.
Francis Ngannou defeats Stipe Miocic via KO to become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion.
Ngannou joins Kamaru Usman & Israel Adesanya as the only African-born UFC champions.
Ngannou is expected to face Jon Jones in the summer.
- He has an MMA record of 16-3.
- He is no. 13 in the UFC Men’s Pound-for-pound Rankings.
- He has won the UFC Performance of the Night Award 5 times.
Story About Francis Ngannou
Francis Ngannou grew up with absolutely nothing, had a terrible childhood and risked his life to achieve his dreams. Overcame every kind of adversity you can think of until he finally arrived in France and was able to fulfil his dreams.
What you need to know about him;
- Worked in sand mines with a dream of being champion
- Travelled across Africa for 12 months through deserts to get to Spain
- He was arrested in Spain and spent two months in jail before moving to France
- Homeless in Paris
- Now UFC heavyweight champion
Africa has more male UFC Champions than any other continent;
- Cameroon Heavyweight – Francis Ngannou
- Nigeria Middleweight – Israel Adesanya
- Nigeria Welterweight – Kamaru Usman
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com