Connect with us

Travel

Yobe death toll is highest in sub-Saharan Africa, the government said cause not COVID-19

Published

on

coronavirus-news

Stay Connected And Informed! Follow Us On Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter

Yobe State has become the first country in Nigeria and sub-Saharan Africa to register more than 450 covid19-related deaths, though the government said caused not COVID-19.

Yobe state Commissioner for Health and Vice Chairman of the COVID 19 Committee, Dr. Mohammed Gana, said on Tuesday in Damaturu that 471 deaths in the state could not be traced to coronavirus.

Dr. Mohammed Gana said the report of the investigative response team constituted by the state government has confirmed that 90 per cent of the mass death could not be traced to coronavirus.

He disclosed to journalists that the team has recorded 471 deaths from the last week of April to the second week of May in four affected local council areas, including Potiskum, Nguru, Gashu’a and Damaturu, the state capital.

Gana said: “16 of the 471 deceased relatives revealed that someone with similar symptoms and all 16 were investigated and referred to some facilities. Out of the number, three out of the 16 met case definition of COVID-19.”

He added that “Fifty-seven percent of the total deaths had an underlying chronic illness which included fever, hypertension, diabetes, renal disease maternal mortality and accident victims.”

This report was first published on ThisDay.

Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com

Source: MandyNews.com

I have a passion for blogging about what's trending in Hip-Hop, politics and entertainment. I'm a huge Hip-hop fan; my favorite artiste are Chris Brown, Jay'z & Beyonce. I also enjoy spending time with my team (#TeamWE), and working hard as hard work pays off.

TRENDING

𝗖𝗼𝗽𝘆𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 © 𝟮𝟬𝟮4 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀. 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗲𝗱. 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆𝗡𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗲𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗲𝗯𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗲.