ABUJA – Salihu Tanko-Yakasai, a.k.a. Dawisu, called on Nigeria’s President Mohammadu Buhari to resign Tuesday, following the terrorist attack on the Kaduna-Abuja train carrying about 1,000 passengers.
- “President Buhari, your government has failed us.
- We will continue to remind you of this.
- I am reiterating my call for you to resign! If you can’t secure us, we don’t want you there anymore.
- You lack empathy, you lack emotions, and you do not value our lives. BuhariMustGo,” Dawisu wrote on the American microblogging app Twitter.
Suspected terrorists exploded bombs on the Abuja-Kaduna train on Monday night, killing and kidnapping several of the passengers.
A former media adviser, Abdullahi Ganduje, turned to social media a few hours after the incident, called for the country’s president to resign owing to his failure.
- “Anytime Nigerians are killed, Buhari, through Garba and Femi, will release a statement and call for a security meeting in the villa.
- Some actions will be taken, but they won’t be sustained, only for another attack to happen and them to repeat the process.
- This cannot continue! We are angry, we are mad, and we don’t want anything else but for Buhari to resign! It’s clear that you cannot secure us.
- We don’t feel safe anymore in our homes, let alone on the streets. We are frustrated, tired and can’t go on like this,” he said.
Dawisu, a father of three children, created two Twitter hashtags: #BuhariMustGo & #BuhariMustResign.
Last year, Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje fired Dawisu as media adviser a day after he publicly criticized President Muhammadu Buhari and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).
We hope he’s not arrested again this time.
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com