A Nigerian lady identified as Omotola suffered serious injuries when she was hit by a foreigner in Victoria Island.
The car was driven by a foreigner on a one-way road, against traffic around Sanusi Fafunwa Street, Victoria Island, collided with a young lady on Wednesday, May 4.
The pedestrian suffered critical injuries and was taken to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
The lady hails from the Yoruba ethnic group.
The brother of Omotola, who is now demanding justice, said that the driver pushed her against the wall.
On Twitter, wellzpapi said the following regarding the situation:
- “I just wonder what would make a white guy drive on a one-way street at top speed in VI.
- He must think that he can get away with anything he does in Nigeria, or that he can bribe anyone. This happened this morning.”
- “The man was driving on a one-way road, against traffic and was going at a high speed around Sanusi Fafunwa Street, Victoria Island.
- “People had to run a helter skelter for their lives. The driver then drove into Omotola and pushed her against the wall.”
- “The impact was so great that the plate number fell off. The driver did a hit and run.
- He absconded instead of waiting to be cared for.
- A passerby took a bike and chased after him.
- “He was caught brought back and handed over to the police.
- Omotola is in critical condition at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital.
- We seek justice for Omotola, and this white man should not be released.”