Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday has made the landmark decision to lift a ban on Twitter across the 36 states of the country.
The President made the announcement during the Independence Day speech.
“I have directed that the suspension be lifted but only if the conditions are met to allow our citizens to continue the use of the platform for business and positive engagements, ” he said.
What are the conditions Buhari gave Twitter?
The demand of his administration from Twitter as including;
- National security and cohesion
- Twitter’s registration as a business in Nigeria
- Physical presence and representation in Nigeria
- Remittance of taxes
- Dispute resolution arrangements
- Engagement of local personnel and products.