News

US Sanctions Six Nigerians For Funding Boko Haram

US Sanctions Six Nigerians For Funding Boko Haram

The US government has sanctioned six boko haram sponsors in Nigeria.

The US government has sanctioned six Boko Haram sponsors in Nigeria.

The State and Treasury Departments announced on Friday that six northern Nigerians had been sanctioned by the United States government over their alleged assistance to Boko Haram.

The six men, who are from Northern Nigeria, are playing an increasingly central role in facilitating the transfer of funds from the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to different states across Northern Nigeria. 

Names Of Boko Haram Sponsors?

The Treasury said in a statement that Abdurrahman Ado Musa, Salihu Yusuf Adamu, Bashir Ali Yusuf, Muhammed Ibrahim Isa, Ibrahim Ali Alhassan, and Surajo Abubakar Muhammad were all convicted of attempting to establish a Boko Haram cell in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Brian Nelson, the Secretary of the Treasury, made the following statements:

  • “With this action, the United States joins the UAE in targeting terrorist financing networks of mutual concern”
  • “Treasury continues to target financial facilitators of terrorist activity worldwide.
  • We welcome multilateral action on this Boko Haram network to ensure that it is not able to move any further funds through the international financial system, ” Treasury Brian Nelson said.

The six men were found guilty in the United Arab Emirates of attempting to contribute $782,000 to Boko Haram in Nigeria.

Where are the six men?

For violating the emirates’ anti-terrorism legislation, Adamu and Muhammad were sentenced to life in prison, while Musa, Yusuf, Isa, and Alhassan were sentenced to ten years in prison followed by deportation.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Trending

To Top