10 Myths About Argo Ship: My Visit to Volos.
Here’s Top 10 Myths About
2. The Argo ship was named after Argus.
3. It was constructed by the shipwright Argus, and its crew were specially protected by the goddess Hera.
4. It was made from trees of Pelion.
5. The Argo was built in three months with the aid of the goddess Athena, who placed a magical piece of timber in the prow that could speak and prophesy.
6. Argo was the first ship to sail the seas.
7. The ship was said to be the first Greek longship
8. It contained a plank of sacred wood with the power of speech, taken from the sanctuary of Zeus at Dodona.
9. The Argo could carry 50 oarsmen and Jason filled the boat with an all-star crew of Greek heroes.
10. Names of the famous heroes in Argo ship were Hercules from Boeotia, the Dioskouroi twins from Sparta, Meleager from Kalydon, Peleus from Thessaly, Amphiaraos from Argos, Kalais and Zetes the sons of Boreas (the North Wind), and Orpheus from Thrace.
Read about how the journey started here.
Pictures of my Winter visit Argo Ship in Volos
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com