Twitter launches Birdwatch — a new forum to combat misinformation, help moderate and label tweets in its main platform.
An American microblogging and social networking service, Twitter on Monday launched a new platform in order to combat misinformation and disinformation by tapping users in a fashion similar to Wikipedia to flag potentially misleading tweets.
The Birdwatch allows people to identify information in Tweets they believe is misleading and write notes that provide informative context.
Facts about Twitter Birdwatch
- It’s only visible on a separate Twitter site
- Participants can also rate the helpfulness of notes added by other contributors.
- The notes are being kept separately from Twitter
- The notes will not have an effect on the way people see Tweets
- Birdwatch is only available in the US for now
- All data contributed to Birdwatch will be publicly available and downloadable in TSV files
You can join Birdwatch site.
Read previous articles we wrote related to Twitter.
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com