Godwin Emefiele has been granted permission to run for president in the 2023 election by the high court in Kwale, Delta State.
The Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, were instructed by the court not to prevent the governor from seeking an electoral position.
According to a report obtained by Mandy News on Friday, the court ordered an injunction prohibiting the bank and INEC from intervening in Emefiele’s presidential ambition in 2023.
The application was submitted confidentially on May 5th, and the judgment was delivered on May 12th.
DC Maidoh, the Presiding Justice, according to Punch, issued the following ruling:
- “The court upon reading through the motion papers and hearing C.N. Ofiah Esq. for the claimants/applicants ordered as follows:
- I have read the processes in this suit, the applicant has complied with order 39 of our rules.”
- “Applicants also deposed to an affidavit of urgency. From the processes before this court, I find that the said application at this stage has merit pending the hearing and determination of the motion on notice.”
- “In the circumstances, in line with order 39 rule 3 of our rules, this motion is hereby granted.
- The motion on notice is accordingly adjourned to 25/5/2022 for hearing.”
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com