Rumors have a way of spreading like wildfire, especially when they involve high-profile personalities like Russian President Vladimir Putin. Social media has been rife with speculation, but what’s the real story? Let’s break it down.
A rumor has been circulating on social media, particularly on TikTok, claiming that Russian President Vladimir Putin has died. The messages suggest that he was replaced by a double to maintain political stability in Russia.
- Fact Check: Is General Yakubu Gowon Dead? All You Need To Know
- Fact Check: Black Mermaid Found In South Africa -Truth Behind The Viral Video
- Fact Check: The Real Story Behind The Viral ‘Pastor Daniel And Lions’ Video
- Fact Check: Is There Really A Coup In Congo Now?
The Origin of the Rumors
It all started on Thursday, October 26, 2023. Social media platforms, particularly TikTok, were flooded with messages suggesting that President Putin had died. The rumors gained traction, and soon, #PutinDead and #PutinDoubles were trending across various platforms.
In a swift response to quell the rumors, Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov addressed the issue in an interview with the RIA news agency. “This is a news duck,” Peskov stated, dismissing the rumors as baseless. He emphasized that President Putin is alive and well.
“The rumors about President Putin’s death are greatly exaggerated and unfounded.” – Dmitri Peskov, Kremlin Spokesman
The Source of the Rumor
Investigations reveal that the rumor originated from a Telegram channel named General SVR, claiming that Putin had passed away in his Valdai apartment. Earlier in the week, the same channel had circulated rumors about Putin’s health, suggesting he had heart problems.
Kremlin’s Previous Clarifications
Interestingly, this isn’t the first time this week that the Kremlin has had to respond to rumors about Putin’s health. At a press conference on Tuesday, Peskov assured the public that Putin is in good health and dismissed the idea of using doubles.
Fact-checking the Claim
- The Kremlin has officially denied the rumors, with spokesman Dmitri Peskov stating that Putin is in good health.
- There is no credible evidence to support the claim that Putin has been replaced by a double.
Our rating: False
Based on our research, we rate FALSE the claim that Russian President Vladimir Putin has died and has been replaced by a double. Official statements from the Kremlin and lack of credible evidence debunk this rumor.
Our fact-check sources:
- RIA news agency, interview with Kremlin spokesman Dmitri Peskov
- Previous debunking of similar rumors by credible sources
- Verify Before Sharing: Always check the facts before spreading information.
- Be Cautious of Unofficial Sources: Information from unofficial channels should be verified through reliable sources.
- Fact Check: The Truth Behind ‘Tinubu Presidential Legal Team’ Header on PEPT’s Judgment
- Fact Check: Did Messi’s MLS Presentation Receive 3.5 Billion Views?
- Fact Check: Is Hushpuppi Released From Jail?
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com