Discover the best Jobs in the UK for Nigerians known as Shortage Occupation List and apply to the ones you...
Here is a fact check on viral reports on social media that the Kankara schoolBoys who were kidnapped last week have been released on Thursday, December 17, by the terrorist group Boko Haram.
Claim: Chairman, Nigerians in Diaspora Commission Abike Dabiri-Erewa claims kidnapped boys are freed she then denies it after angry Nigerians came for her.
“Yaaaay . The 333 boys captured in ., katsina have been rescued . Allhamdulilah ! @MBuhari administration has brought back our boys trIF. #BringBackOurBoys . Our boys are back,” she wrote.
What is true: The Secretary to the Katsina Government told BBC Hausa that Arise news’ story and
Abike Dabiri’s tweet that the #Kankara Boys have been released is false. He said this at 3:15 in Nigeria today
What is false: Earlier, Arise TV reported the rescue of the children, which was later posted on Twitter by Abire Dabiri-Erewa, an adviser to the president on foreign affairs and Nigerians living abroad. 333 children were released.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Media & Publicity and APC member Mrs Abike has deleted the tweet and now claiming it was not from her handle.