The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu on Sunday announces the dissolution of SARS operatives in Nigeria.
HERE’S FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE DISSOLUTION OF SPECIAL ANTI-ROBBERY SQUAD (SARS)
- The Inspector-General of Police has dissolved the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) across all the Thirty-Six (36) State Commands and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with immediate effect.
- All officers and men serving in the Unit will be redeployed to other Police Commands, Formations and Units.
- A new policing arrangement for tackling the offences of Armed-Robbery and other violent crimes will be unveiled to the public soon.
- A Citizens and Strategic Stakeholders Forum will be launched to provide an avenue for citizens to regularly interface and advise the police authority on issues touching on the general public.
- To deal with the report of crimes committed against citizens, an Investigative Team will be constituted which will include Civil Society Organisations and culprits will be punished.
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com