The Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu on Sunday announces the dissolution of SARS operatives in Nigeria.
HERE’S FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE DISSOLUTION OF SPECIAL ANTI-ROBBERY SQUAD (SARS)
- The Inspector-General of Police has dissolved the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) across all the Thirty-Six (36) State Commands and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) with immediate effect.
- All officers and men serving in the Unit will be redeployed to other Police Commands, Formations and Units.
- A new policing arrangement for tackling the offences of Armed-Robbery and other violent crimes will be unveiled to the public soon.
- A Citizens and Strategic Stakeholders Forum will be launched to provide an avenue for citizens to regularly interface and advise the police authority on issues touching on the general public.
- To deal with the report of crimes committed against citizens, an Investigative Team will be constituted which will include Civil Society Organisations and culprits will be punished.