The 2023 MTV Europe Music Awards have once again rolled out the red carpet to honor the brightest stars in the music industry. From groundbreaking beats to soulful melodies, this year’s EMAs have highlighted the diversity and creativity of global music talent. Here’s the full list of winners who took home the prestigious awards.
Chart-Toppers and Show-Stoppers
The EMAs have always been about more than just the music—it’s a cultural phenomenon. This year, the Best Afrobeats category was snagged by Nigeria’s own Rema, whose rhythms have become a staple on dance floors worldwide.
Alternative Beats to Mainstream Hits
Lana Del Rey, the queen of melancholic indie-pop, took home the Best Alternative award. Her haunting melodies have etched a permanent mark on the industry, proving that there’s always room for diversity on the charts.
The Swift Surge
Taylor Swift, a name synonymous with lyrical storytelling and pop anthems, was crowned Best Artist. Swift’s win is a testament to her unwavering popularity and the emotional resonance of her music.
Dynamic Duos and Electric Collaborations
The Best Collaboration went to KAROL G and Shakira for “TQG,” a track that blends distinct voices and cultural vibes, creating a musical tapestry that resonates globally.
David Guetta, the maestro of the electronic dance scene, clinched the Best Electronic award. His pulsating beats and innovative soundscapes continue to set the standard in the genre.
Hip Hop to K-Pop: A Global Phenomenon
Latin Beats and Live Feats
Anitta’s win for Best Latin cements her status as a force in the international music scene. Taylor Swift, with her unparalleled stage presence, also bagged the Best Live award.
New Sounds and Pop Crowns
Emerging talent Peso Pluma made waves by winning Best New, while Billie Eilish, with her whispery vocals and introspective lyrics, was deemed Best Pop.
Tomorrow X Together, known for their fresh sound and energetic performances, were recognized as Best Push. This category shines a light on artists who are breaking through and shaping the future of music.
R&B Rhythms and Rock Anthems
Song and Video: The Visual and Auditory Delight
Local Acts with Global Impact
The EMAs also honor artists making waves in their local scenes. From Diamond Platnumz’s win as Best African Act to Tom Grennan’s recognition as Best UK & Ireland Act, these artists are shaping the sounds of their regions and beyond.
2023 MTV Europe Music Awards: The Complete Winners List
Global Music Sensations
- Best Afrobeats: Rema
- Best Alternative: Lana Del Rey
- Best Artist: Taylor Swift
- Best Collaboration: KAROL G and Shakira – “TQG”
- Best Electronic: David Guetta
- Best Hip Hop: Nicki Minaj
- Best K-Pop: Jung Kook
- Best Latin: Anitta
- Best Live: Taylor Swift
- Best New: Peso Pluma
- Best Pop: Billie Eilish
- Best Push: Tomorrow X Together
- Best R&B: Chris Brown
- Best Rock: Maneskin
- Best Song: Jung Kook Featuring Latto – “Seven”
- Best Video: Taylor Swift – “Anti-Hero”
Celebrating Local Talent
The EMAs also shine a spotlight on artists making significant impacts in their local regions. Here are the winners who are not just dominating their local charts but are also making waves internationally.
- Best African Act: Diamond Platnumz
- Best Asia Act: BE:FIRST
- Best Australian Act: Kylie Minogue
- Best Brasilian Act: Matue
- Best Canadian Act: Shania Twain
- Best Caribbean Act: Young Miko
- Best Dutch Act: FLEMMING
- Best French Act: Bigflo & Oli
- Best German Act: Kontra K
- Best Hungarian Act: ajsa luna
- Best India Act: Tsumyoki
- Best Italian Act: Måneskin
- Best Lat Am North Act: Kenia OS
- Best Lat Am Central Act: Feid
- Best Lat Am South Act: Lali
- Best New Zealand Act: SIX60
- Best Nordic Act: Käärijä
- Best Polish Act: Doda
- Best Portuguese Act: Bispo
- Best Spanish Act: Samantha Hudson
- Best Swiss Act: Gjon’s Tears
- Best UK & Ireland Act: Tom Grennan
- Best US Act: Nicki Minaj
Share your story with us! Email MandyNews1@gmail.com